Tuesday 15 March 2016

Spot the Difference

Spot the Difference - the beach cover up

This deceptively cold weather and also recently booking a holiday has got me thinking about beachwear, and I've found two very gorgeous beach cover ups to suit a range of budgets.

Firstly the more expensive option from Isabel Marant at Net-a-Porter.  This is a really beautiful embroidered dress with tassled ties.  This would fit in nicely with my usual holiday colour scheme of neutrals (black, white, grey) and blues, but I am just not sure I can justify the cost, even for such a beautiful piece.

Isabel Marant Mini Dress £220

For those on a more limited budget, this one from H&M is very similar (aside from the obvious colour difference). I personally don't like to spend too much on my beachwear or "summer wardrobe" as I find that there are fewer opportunities to wear these items. This is partially due to the climate here in the UK, which doesn't really lend itself to wearing these things (despite growing up on the south west coast, I cannot recall when I last sunbathed on a UK beach) and the fact that I only manage to squeeze in a few beach holidays each year. I'm not complaining, I know I have more holidays than most, but I do work hard for these and really appreciate the holiday time that we do have. 


I have already ordered the H&M one, and because I technically saved so much money, I may have also ordered these - oops.


Thank you for reading and always I would love to hear your comments and other holiday wardrobe finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment